Vision Therapy is aimed at helping and enhancing a child’s visual abilities. These sessions include procedures designed to enhance the brain’s ability to control :
- Eye alignment
- Eye tracking and eye teaming
- Eye focusing abilities
- Eye fixations
- Eye movements
- Eye co-ordination
- Visual processing
- Eye-hand co-ordination
- Visual perception development
Who benefits from vision therapy?
- Learning-related Vision Problems: Those who lack the necessary visual skills for effective reading, writing, and learning like, eye movement and focusing skills, convergence, eye-hand activity, visual memory skills, etc.
- Poor binocular coordination
- Amblyopia (lazy eye)
- Diplopia (double vision)
- Strabismus (cross-eyed, wandering eye, eye turns, etc.)
- Visual Rehabilitation for Special Needs: Concussions, Post Concussive Syndrome, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), Stroke, Birth Injury, Brain Damage, Head Injury, Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Developmental Delays, Visual Perceptual, Visual-Motor Deficits, Attention Deficit Disorders, Autism Spectrum Disorders etc.
- Sports Vision Improvement: Strong visual skills are critical to success in sporting activities. Not much happens in sports until your eyes instruct your hands and body as to what to do! We can measure and successfully improve eye-hand coordination, peripheral vision, eye focusing, eye tracking, teaming etc.
Vision Therapy Centre for Children